The New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) program is designed to incentivize investors, through the use of tax credits, to promote economic growth in distressed communities
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the impact of Prestamos?
- Millions invested in commercial real estate in low-income communities
- New or rehabilitated non-profit community facility spaces financed
- We serve thousands of low-income clients
- Permanent jobs created or retained for low-income persons
- Our financing leverages millions in additional capital
What is the focus of these services?
- Manufacturing businesses creating quality jobs accessible to local residents
- Healthcare businesses providing needed services while creating quality jobs
- Non-profit community facilities providing services to low-income communities
- Living wage jobs generation
What is the criteria for projects?
- Project sizes start at $5 million
- Located in a qualified low-income census tracts
- Substantial rehabilitation or new construction of commercial space
- Provides low-income populations with substantial benefits