As part of Governor Doug Ducey’s Arizona Back to Work Plan, the State of Arizona launched the Back to Work Small Business Hiring and Retention Program to help small, locally owned, or operated businesses hire and retain employees. The grant program funds up to $10,000 in expenditures for employee hiring and retention efforts. There is a cap of $1,000 per employee and 25 percent of the awarded amount may be utilized for other business expenses. Special consideration will be made to businesses that are located in wildfire and flood-impacted areas.
- Small businesses with currently 5 – 25 employees
- Owned and operated in the state of Arizona: including franchises with corporate headquarters in other states, but with locally-owned franchised establishments.
- Incorporated before January 1, 2020.
- Must be renting or leasing a physical location; may not be working from home or remotely as an independent contractor.
- Must be open to the general public and in good standing with the Arizona Department of Revenue and Arizona Corporation Commission.
Special considerations for small businesses impacted by wildfire or natural disaster flooding
- Employee cap is increased from 25 to 50.
- Up to 100% of the awarded funding can be utilized for non-personnel expenditures i.e., operating expenses.
Use of Funds:
- At least 75% of the awarded funds must go to current or new employees in the form of incentives. There is a cap of $1,000 incentive for each employee.
- Up to 25% of the awarded funds can go to other business expenditures such as mortgage/rent, utilities, etc.
- The $10,000 of expenditures may be used at multiple locations. Applicants should submit one application — regardless of the number of locations at which the funds will be applied.
- Employees that receive an incentive that is funded by this program may not include the business owner.
Join a special session with Arizona’s SBDC to learn more about the program, eligibility, and how to apply for the funding.
- Time: 9 – 10 a.m.
- Date: Friday, August 27, 2021
- Location: Zoom
Get Prestamos CDFI to help your business apply for the Back-to-Work Small Business Program
If you may need assistance applying for this grant, we can help. Please request Application Assistance by completing the form here: